Saturday, April 16, 2011

Big 'ole biccy

The small boy loves a long shut biscuit (AKA a bourbon!) so today I decided to make a massive long shut biscuit with him.  Being the boy he is he mostly ate the butter while I did the rest!  I looked at some recipes for homemade bourbons and also checked out pimpthatsnack.com to get ideas then using a our gingerbread man recipe (taking out the spices and adding loads of cocoa) multiplied we got to work.  All ready to bake - the big biscuits measured about 22cm by 11cm



Halfway through cooking I followed the advice on pimp that snack and took them out to add the holes and writing - chopstick was a great hole making tool (and also a wonderful drum for small boy)


Back in to the oven and I started on the icing - again using the ideas from pimped snacks - I made a choc butter icing but added  loads of melted dark chocolate to thicken it up and make it even more chocolatey



Spread it on...


The finished biccy alongside it's tiny little friend


My picky little small boy decided he didn't want a big long biscuit and was only interested in small ones so Mr Wix got stuck in!



Yum yum!  Sliced up nicely and tasted remarkable similar to the real thing....  What shall we pimp next???

No comments: