Friday, August 27, 2010

Superfluity - photos

The Superfluity exhibition went really well and we sold stuff! We found that it was mainly the cheaper more crafty things that we sold (e.g. I sold loads of greetings cards, completely selling out of one design)  We are hoping to get together to start going to craft fairs and sales as a group - I have already applied for a stall at clutter city at Norwich Arts Centre so hope to hear back about that soon.

Here are some photos of the exhibition...

The back wall of the barn - showing Suzi's mosaics, Kim's sculptures and my bunting!



Some of Suzi's beautiful mosaics - I particularly love the tree and am thinking of asking her to make me one as she swapped this one for one of Charlie's bubble bowls

Mark's pots and paintings.  He sold his little bird...  the telegraph pole painting as used in our poster.  His ceramics are beautiful and very tactile - and can be used outside.

Kim's lurcher - almost impossible to believe that this is made from wire and modrock!  I'm very glad as my lurcher loving (and very discerning) parents bought this so I will get to see it every time I visit them. Below is Kim's hare again made from modrock on a wire skeleton - they look like bronze casts even close up...


Charlie's jewellery that she has been making with Tuesday Club (a group of her friends from art school) They are really lovely and Charlie is starting to make her own designs to complement the range they have.  She has also made these lovely bubble bowls using a technique that she has perfected over time.

My main table with my Joy pictures and cards (plus a few baby blankets at the bottom!)

A selection of my cards - I sold loads and now need to get them on to Folksy and maybe find out if anywhere in the city would be interested in selling them for me.

Some of my textiley bits - some bunting that I made - in the future I want to make themed bunting e.g pirate.  I am also going to steal (borrow) Charlie's idea for her wedding bunting and make some outdoor stuff using the plasticy table covering vinyl stuff (not sure what it is called!)  Also my little felt strawberry brooches - I think these are more suitable for children and have some other ideas for children's felt badges.  But have also started a range of my adult jewellery using reclaimed (i.e. scraps I have in my fabric drawer) fabric to make corsages.

...and finally proof it wasn't just us - some customers

No comments: